EU Commission has decided some adjustments regarding EU Steel Safeguard Measures becoming effective on 1st October 2019:
- New rules for imports of HRC – a 30% share capacity in the global quota for a single exporting country per quarter;
- The end-use requirement for automotive steel (4B);
- All products not used in the automotive industry will have be imported under category 4A;
- For product categories 13 (rebars) and 16 (wire rod) a new 30% share capacity for the access to the global quota in the last quarter of the period has been introduced;
- Indonesia is no longer exempted from the measures for product categories 8 and 9 (SHRSS and SCRSS). No individual quota either.
- Liberalization rate reduced from 5% each year to 3% for the global and country-specific quotas;
Cumulative application of the safeguard and AD/AS measures:
- At the moment, 15 products are subject to both safeguard and AD/CVD measures;
- Commission’s Regulation on double remedies of 2 September 2019 clarified how the AD/CVD and safeguard measures are combined:
+ Only when both AD/CVD and safeguard measures are due;
+ AD/CVD measures below 25% of SG duty ? AD/CVD duties will be suspended;
+ AD/CVD measures above 25% of SG duty ? AD/CVD duties will be collected only at the rate exceeding the 25% SG duty.
The Commission’s Regulation has only prospective application and cannot serve as basis for reimbursement of duties collected prior to its entry into force.
We are MRS Steel Vietnam and we supply high quality steel products from Vietnam with good price for worldwide.
Phone/Whatsapp: 0084 78 324 3888