On October 20, 2020 the Ministry of Industry and Trade officially issued Decision No. 2717/QD-BCT on the results of the first review of the imposition of anti dumping measures on Galvanized and Galvalume steel products imported into Vietnam from China and Korea.
The investigation for this product was initiated on March 3, 2016 and the official period to implement anti dumping duty is 5 years from April 14, 2017.
The plaintiffs are companies representing the Vietnamese steel industry such as: China Steel Sumikin Vietnam Joint Stock Company (CSVC), Ton Phuong Nam Company Limited (SSSC), Nam Kim Steel Joint Stock Company, Ton Dong A Corporation.
HS codes for investigated goods include: 7210.41.11; 7210.41.12; 7210.41.19; 7210.49.11; 7210.49.12; 7210.49.13; 7210.49.19; 7210.50.00; 7210.61.11; 7210.61.12; 7210.61.19; 7210.69.11; 7210.69.12; 7210.69.19; 7210.90.10; 7210.90.90; 7212.30.11; 7212.30.12; 7212.30.13; 7212.30.14; 7212.30.19; 7210.30.90; 7212.50.13; 7212.50.14 7212.50.19; 7212.50.23; 126.96.36.199; 7212.50.29; 7212.50.93; 7212.50.94; 7212.50.99; 7212.60.11; 7212.60.12; 7212.60.19; 7212.60.91, 7212.60.99; 7225.92.90; 7226.99.11; 7226.99.91
Accordingly, the anti dumping duties apply to products under investigation from these two countries, specifically as follows:
|No||Manufacturers||Exporters||Anti dumping duty|
|I||The People’s Republic of China|
|1||Yieh Phui (China) Technomaterial Co., Ltd.||Chin Fong Metal Pte., Ltd.||3.17%|
|2||Bazhou Sanqiang Metal Products Co., Ltd.||1. Sumec International Technology Co., Ltd.
2. Win Faith Trading Limited
3. Hangzhou Ciec International Co., Ltd.
4. Hangzhou Cogeneration (Hong Kong) Company Limited
5. Singapore (Cogeneration) Steel Pte. Ltd.
6. Rich Fortune Int’l Industrial Limited
7. China-Base Resources Ningbo Ltd.
8. Shanghai Nanta Industry Co., Ltd.
|3||BX Steel POSCO Cold Rolled Sheet Co., Ltd.||Benxi Iron and Steel International Economic and Trading Co., Ltd.||38.34%|
|4||Bengang Steel Plates Co., Ltd.||Benxi Iron and Steel International Economic and Trading Co., Ltd.||27.36%|
|5||Tianjin Haigang Steel Coil Co., Ltd||1. Tianjin Haijinde Trading Co., Ltd.
2. Hangzhou Ciec International Co., Ltd.
3. Hangzhou Cogeneration (Hong Kong) Company Limited
4. Singapore (Cogeneration) Steel Pte. Ltd.
5. Sumec International Technology Co., Ltd.
6. Win Faith Trading Limited
7. Rich Fortune Int’l Industrial Limited
8. China-Base Resources Ningbo Ltd.
9. Chengtong International Limited
10. China Chengtong International Co., Ltd.
11. Sino Commodities International Pte. Ltd.
12. Zhejiang Materials Industry International Co., Ltd.
13. Arsen International (HK) Limited
14. Shanghai Nanta Industry Co., Ltd.
|6||Hebei Iron & Steel Co., Ltd., Tangshan Branch||Tangshan Iron & Steel Group Co., Ltd.||38.34%|
|7||Wuhan Iron and Steel Company Limited||1. International Economic and Trading Corporation WISCO
2. Wugang Trading Company Limited
3. Ye-Steel Trading Co., Limited
4. Steelco Pacific Trading Limited
|8||Bazhou Wanshida Technology Co., Ltd||6,4%|
|9||Other manufacturers, exporters||38.34%|
|II||Republic of Korea|
|10||POSCO||1. Posco International Corporation
2. POSCO Asia
3. POSCO Processing & Service Co., Ltd
4. Samsung C&T Corporation
|11||Other manufacturers, importers||19%|
Regarding the first anti dumping review result, Vietnam continues to keep the same duty for manufacturers and exporters from China and South Korea. However, on the Chinese side, the manufacturer Bazhou Wanshida Technology Co., Ltd has requested an independent review with the Vietnamese investigation agency to get the exclusion from the duty for all manufacturers, exporters and receive its own duty with 6.4%.
The result of the first anti dumping review takes effect from October 25, 2020, until the end of the duty period. Regarding procedures, dossiers of inspection and imposition of anti dumping measures, the customs authority will inspect certificates of origin (C/O), self-certification of origin, certificates of quality from the manufacturer and other relevant papers to have a basis for determining that the imported goods are subject to anti dumping measures.
To know more about trade defense, please feel free to contact us at:
Ms. Gracie – Juridical Executive of MRS Steel
Whatsapp: 00 84 833 407 559